Tuesday, October 24, 2006

How to Shave

I've noticed a lot of guys posting questions on message boards about the best way to shave. Here's my method, which I think works really well.

1.) Always shave in the shower. The heat and steam from the water will open up the pours on your face, which helps you achieve a smoother shave.

2.) Exfoliate first. This gets rid of all the dead skin cells on your face, and it brings your whiskers up to attention.

3.) Wash the exfoliant off completely.

4.) Apply your shaving creme. I prefer creme over gel, but that's just a personal preference.

5.) Let the creme soak into your face for a minute or so. I personally use this time to scrub the rest of my body with soap.

6) Shave slowly. It's not a race. Shave WITH the grain. I can't stress this enough. That means shaving downward, most of the time. The only area (on my face at least) where the grain goes up is the lower part of my neck. I think this holds true for everybody's face. Frequently run the blade under the shower to get the excess hair out of it.

7.) After the shower, make sure to use an aftershave.

8.) Cap things off with a facial mosturizer.

9.) Done!

No comments: