Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Running websites

I finally started running again a few months ago. As with almost all of my ventures, I started by searching the web for some tips and tricks. Here are a couple sites I discovered:

  1. Map My Run - this site is AWESOME. You can look up your area and map your runs (pretty self explanatory, eh?). Once you enter your starting address, you can plot points along your run. In addition, you can view the way that elevation changes throughout the run. I found this feature incredibly helpful... I live in an incredibly hilly area, and there are some monster hills I'd much rather avoid. The other cool thing you can do on this site is save your run plots and share them with other users.


  2. Cool Runnings - this is my other favorite running site. It has links to running articles and advice, races, and discussion forums. I especially like the personal training log offered on the site. You can use the personal running log to chart your progress over time, by inputting the time and distance of each run you go on. An especially helpful feature of the personal training log: you can specify what shoes you ran in for each run, so that you can track the mileage on your shoes. I always lose track of how long I've had shoes, so this was a godsend for me.

No comments: